Tuesday 19 January 2010

Outlaw sheriffs?

Today was 'Guia-dia' the day when we have to go and get the transport certificate signed by the official agriculture department for getting the horses transported out of Spain. 'Guia-day' is normally not a good day. It is like a bullfight in byrocracy. Please can't we end all bullfights once and for all. To get these documents we need hundreds of transport details, drivers licence, truck license, desinfection certificate of th truck, routeplan with minute details, names of resting stables, postal codes etc, etc. Just to get people to send you all you need is a weeks work on the email. The office is in Madrid, 1,5 hours in the traffic. And that is if you DON'T get hit by a police car on Gran Via. Spanish whiplash Nr 2. In one millisecond I was out of the car, this is the second time my car get hit by a police and now I was not happy. I remembered the excrutiating pain and all the physio I had to do for whiplash Nr 1. I NEED MY NECK TO RIDE MY HORSES. If I was a wich I would have cursed these now frightened policemen that gave the pathetic excuse; 'There was something wrong with the brakes'. 'I AM SORRY is the word, I said (shouted) and now you go and get me the Guia!' Ambulance came, it was just in the way and causing more chaos and not necessary, whiplash is nothing you cure with an ambulance. Raining, raining, no spanish sun. There was a exaggerated amount of policecars which was abit confusing until we saw the men in handcuffs in the back of the policecar. Our car was stuck underneath that car.. A messy scene in front of all the fancy theatres. We got out. We got the Guia. And we got our videos of the horses at the pretty stables in the end of the nightmare bumpy road. Arnica, Ibuprofen and NIKKEN neck collar WILL make neck PERFECT. Tomorrow I AM riding my horses. I hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORZHxD7cWyM
Nr 379
This is a taylormade video for Chiaki, tomorrow her horse leaves for Germany, Malaysia to finally arrive to Singapore. Buen Viaje!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Viktoria,
    Thank you very much for your help to find my dream horse. It took about one year plus since I sent my first inquiry e-mail to you. So that is why it's really really finally!!! I will send you some photos once he arrives. Again, thank you so much! ありがとう (Arigato) - thank you in Japanese.
    Chiaki

    ReplyDelete